Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One year ago today...

One year ago today Paige was placed in our arms and our lives have not been the same since. In some ways it seems like she has been a part of our family for years, while our time in China seems to be only a few weeks ago. We feel honored and blessed to have Paige in our lives and look forward to a lifetime together.

When Paige was placed in my arms for the first time I felt such a sense of relief and peace. Finally, we were a family! Today I hugged her tight and felt peace and love (and got a return hug). Today we celebrated as a family with Paige and I making a cake and having dinner together. We gave Paige a sock doll we had purchased in China. I also had a chance to take part in a conference call among 8 of the families we traveled with. It was wonderful to hear how all the children and adults were doing! I hope that we are able to keep in touch as the years go by as these girls are really like sisters and share a background that is special to them.

No comments: