Saturday, August 30, 2008

A visit to the Fravil Family Farm

Our last tip of the summer took us to New York to visit my parents. I was also able to visit with my friend Patrick and my friend Jill whom I have not seen in many years. It was a wonderful few days despite being sick. Paige finally got to go fishing, something she has been asking to do all summer. She and my mom caught three fish, Scott and I each caught one, and Patrick did not catch any. Mom offered him her lucky pole, but he refused. I guess he'll have to come back and try again.

We spent a day at the New York State Fair. Hillary Clinton was there the same day, but we did not see her. It was very crowded though. Paige enjoyed the 4-H building the most where they had lots of crafts and activities for the kids. It was like a stroll down memory lane since I worked in the 4-H building when I was a teen.

A fun time was had by all and Paige was crying when we left because she wanted to stay. Hopefully we can get in another trip in the fall and make it back to Cooperstown to see my grandfather.

Summer is now at an end and Paige will start preschool on September 8th. She is excited to be going back. We have been stopping in at her school and talking to her teacher. Paige has been practicing writing her letters and is doing really well. The only letter she has trouble with is "S". She can write both her first and last names as well as spell mom, dad, and mei mei without help.

Below are some pictures of our trip. I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Amy


Grandpa, Paige, and Grandma
Scott, Patrick, Paige, and grandma fishing
Grandma and Paige with the first fish they caught. Paige would not touch it.
Paige and Patrick fooling around

1 comment:

Tami Asars said...

What an amazing journey- parenthood. She's a little doll!