Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Will we ever settle on a website location?

Some day perhaps we will decide on one site/software Scott and I can both use. While I am the one making the posts it will be here for now. Blogger does not work in China (darn those government restrictions on the Internet!) so we'll have to come up with a new plan when we return to China to adopt again. Of course that is so far off things could have changed. Before you ask, no we don't have any idea when we might travel and cannot even give you a guess at this point.

So What have we been up to you ask? Well the past month has been eventful for me. The week before Mother's day I received news of my grandparents failing health. I went to Cooperstown, NY to help my mom get them both on Hospice and to support her as we watched her mother give up on life. My original plan was to stay a few days, fly home, and drive out with Paige. I ended up staying for 9 days. My grandmother passed away on May 8th and calling hours and the funeral were held the following Monday and Tuesday. It was long and emotional 9 days, but I am so glad I could be there for my mother. Scott picked up the slack and stayed home with Paige. He did a great job while I was away. I came home to a clean house, no laundry, and food in the kitchen (not all of it junk either!). I am a lucky girl to have such a a great man!

I did get to spend mother's day with my mother, something I have not been able to do in a long time. We went to the Fenimore Cooper Museum (early American arts and crafts) and rode the carousel at the Farmers Museum. Both museums were free for mothers. It was a few stolen moments of happiness in an otherwise sad and stressful week. Another positive was getting to see my cousins Traci and Tami and my uncle Keith. I have not seen them in many years and it was good to see them and catch up a bit.

Paige had her last day of school last week. We both are going to miss it. We do however still have gymnastics until the last week of June. Paige continues to grow and loves to paint, play in the sandbox, and go to the "Old MacDonald Park" (Petting zoo/farm/park next door). Not a day passes when she does not mention wanting to do something or save something for Mei Mei. She is going to be a good big sister!

I'm sure I've missed a lot, but I thought it best just to give an update rather than overwhelm everyone with the details. As always, enjoy the pictures!

Amy


Me, Grandpa, and mom in lobby of nursing home














Back: Traci, me, Tami. Front: Uncle Keith, mom, dad.













Grandpa and his grand daughters.














Scott's mom, Paige, and Scott attended Mothers Day tea while I was in NY.













Watching the Kentucky Derby in style!

2 comments:

Traci K said...

Great to have your blog address! Paige is such a cutie! Hopefully it'll work out to meet you soon!:)-Mike, Traci, Justin and Jarin

Lisa S. said...

Love your new website! Paige is getting so big! I am so sorry about your grandmother, and I hope that your grandfather is doing better. Thanks for staying in touch. All the best, Lisa S.